Sunday 26 August 2012

In My Mailbox #8


IMM is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren and gives everyone an opportunity to showcase new books received during the week, whether they're bought or borrowed.

A good week for me in terms of books! I only bought three but it was library week so a bumper pile got picked up!

Bought


Fire and Thorns - Rae Carson (read this a while ago but wanted my own copy)

The Folding Knife - K. J. Parker (this one and the Spirit Thief were both bargains, I figured if I don't like them it hasn't cost me a fortune!)

The Spirit Thief - Rachel Aaron

From the library

Fated - Alyson Noel

Juliet Immortal - Stacey Jay

Abused Werewolf Rescue Group - Catherine Jinks

Our Tragic Universe - Scarlett Thomas

Blood Magic - Tessa Gratton

Uninvited - Liz Jensen

Butterfly Summer - Anne-Marie Conway

Immortal - Gillian Shields

Cloaked - Alex Flinn

Fly By Night - Frances Hardinge

The Devouring - Simon Holt

Unwind - Neal Shusterman

Not a bad haul and I didn't break the bank! What did you get this week?

Don't forget to enter the August New Release giveaway which finishes in a few days and look out for reviews this week of Girl Of Nightmares, The Grimm Legacy, Bad Faith and 666 Park Avenue!


11 comments:

  1. WOW big haul...

    happy reading....some pretty good books on here.

    Check out mine too here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul from the library! Always a great place to go. Enjoy your books! (: Check out my IMM. It's my 8th one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Unwind on my shelf and absolutely have to read it before October because Shusterman is coming to talk at our school:) You got a ton of great books. Hope you enjoy!
    -Jenna @ Fans of Fiction (new follower)
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard about a lot of those but the only one I've read is "Blood Magic" -- which was pretty good. :) I hope you enjoy! Happy reading!

    -Amelia
    The Authoress

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bunch of books! I really want to read The Spirit Thief! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa, you got some really great books. I need to check out Butterfly Summer! Enjoy =D

    Here's my Book Haul post.

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great haul! Unwind is AMAZING, you will love it! And thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow lots of great books and the library is the best...free books and free storage...lol Enjoy!

    Thanks for stopping by My
    Added to the Bookshelf post!


    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's
    Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed Immortal and hope you do too.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got Juliet Immortal too this week , won it in a giveaway, have not read yet. ( I normally only read on my Kindle Fire, as i need the extra large font, lol) I will have to use a magnifying glass or get some reading glasses. its so hard to read physical books, print is too small in them. :( Spoiled now with my Fire, can read from across the room just about the font can be made so big, lol
    Have fun with those.
    Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Looks like you got a ton of great books this week. Fire and Thorns looks really good!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design