Tuesday 14 August 2012

Teaser Tuesday #5


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Today's teaser comes from 666 Park Avenue by Gabriella Pierce, published in the UK by Canvas and in the US by William Morrow. I picked this up the other day because I liked the cover and the fact it was half price didn't hurt! I was unaware at the time that this has actually been commisioned as a tv show by ABC.
I assume the pilot, starring Dave Anable and Vanessa Williams, will air some time later this year so keep an eye out for it as I'd love to know if it's any good.





 "In spite of his earlier concern for her hunger, he evidently couldn't resist suggesting that they take the long way to the kitchen so that she could see more of the magnificent house. That included a closer view of the gallery, with paintings dating back to medieval times; the sitting room; the library, with its floor-to-ceiling shelves and handy rolling ladders; but not of the study, since the door was closed." - Pg. 58 

1 comment:

  1. I read this a while back, I have the US cover from last year, and wasn't impressed. It was a bit disappointing so I won't be picking up the sequel, I may watch the show if it gets good reviews.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design