Saturday 29 December 2012

Best Reads Of 2012

So my last post of 2012 is all about the best books I've read this year, the ones I've given 5 stars on Goodreads and still think about now or recommend daily to other people!






The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Chronicles





Buffy: Making Of A Slayer - Nancy Holder





Wonder - R. J. Palacio





God Save The Queen - Kate Locke





Anna Dressed In Blood - Kendare Blake





Girl Of Nightmares - Kendare Blake





World Of Poo - Sir Terry Pratchett




The Storyteller - Antonia Michaelis


The Weirdstone Of Brisingamen - Alan Garner





Runelight - Joanne Harris





Lover Reborn - J. R. Ward





A Touch Of Power - Maria V Snyder





A Discovery Of Witches - Deborah Harkness





















Monsters Of Men (Chaos Walking #3) - Patrick Ness










Something Wicked This Way Comes - Ray Bradbury

Lots of fantasy, both Adult & YA, non-fiction and a couple of fantasy classics read this year all thoroughly enjoyed. Losing my mother at the end of October was hard but reading has kept me sane. Here's hoping next year is better all round, in books and life!

See you in 2013!


3 comments:

  1. Four of those are on my personal list of my favorite books ever - I think that means I should consider the rest of your list a "must read" list :)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I was just dithering over touch of power on amazon, I shall add it to basket now :)

    Happy New Year Mate,
    Z x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Book reading is a timeless and enriching activity that offers a world of knowledge, imagination, and relaxation. And I enjoyed reading monster of men. On a related note, just as book reading expands our horizons, delving into positive and negative tourism impacts assignment samples can provide students with invaluable insights into the multifaceted world of tourism

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design