Wednesday 13 March 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #18

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

I mentioned my choice for this week's WoW in my Top 10 post yesterday, it sounds so different to anything I've read recently I just had to post it!

Zenn Scarlett - Christian Schoon
ISBN -  9781908844552
Publisher - Strange Chemistry
Exp. pub. date - May 7 2013

'Zenn Scarlett is a bright, determined, occasionally a-little-too-smart-for-her-own-good 17-year-old girl training hard to become an exoveterinarian. That means she’s specializing in the treatment of exotic alien life forms, mostly large and generally dangerous. Her novice year of training at the Ciscan Cloister Exovet Clinic on Mars will find her working with alien patients from whalehounds the size of a hay barn to a baby Kiran Sunkiller, a colossal floating creature that will grow up to carry a whole sky-city on its back.

But after a series of inexplicable animal escapes from the school and other near-disasters, the Cloister is in real danger of being shut down by a group of alien-hating officials. If that happens, Zenn knows only too well the grim fate awaiting the creatures she loves.

Now, she must unravel the baffling events plaguing her school, before someone is hurt or killed, before everything she cares about is ripped away from her and her family forever. To solve this mystery – and live to tell about it – Zenn will have to put her new exovet skills to work in ways she never imagined, and in the process learn just how powerful compassion and empathy can be.'
- Goodreads


How amazing does that sound? And so completely different to anything I've read recently and it's been a while since I read anything in the SF genre, YA or not. You can find the lovely Christian Schoon on Twitter here.

What's your WoW this week?

 

 

10 comments:

  1. This one does sound tempting...thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover for this book looks so cool! :O And it sounds amazing... will have to check it out.

    - Sam @ Falling Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey & thanks for the postings for Zenn & for liking the cover art - it's by the Argh! Oxford design team. Also, just in case anybody's into free books, my zany publisher is giving away 3 copies of Zenn Scarlett over at goodreads. So...free books, right?! Thanks again! http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/47289-zenn-scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got this from NetGalley and I can't wait to read it. I read a five star review of it just yesterday. Great choice!

    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors of the cover! Big SF fan and this does sound unique. I was thinking of requesting it off Netgalley although I'm trying to cute back. LOL Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this on netgalley but didn't request it. I have enough books to read...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not too sure if I would read this, but I hope you enjoy + love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen this one before, and you're right, it does sounds amazing!

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zenn Scarlett is cool - few niggles for me, but ultimately? cool :) http://phoenixfantasyreviews.com/2013/03/07/review-zenn-scarlett-christian-schoon/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree. This sounds fabulous. A girl who studies exotic alien lifeforms AND high school drama? Must read this.
    xx,
    E.J. Stevens

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design