Wednesday 24 April 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #22

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is


Ashes On The Waves by Mary Lindsey - Book Depository/Goodreads
ISBN - 978-0399159398
Publisher - Philomel Books @PenguinTeen
Release date - June 27th 2013

'Liam MacGregor is cursed. Haunted by the wails of fantastical Bean Sidhes and labelled a demon by the villagers of Dòchas, Liam has accepted that things will never get better for him - until a wealthy heiress named Annabel Leighton arrives on the island and Liam’s fate is changed forever.

With Anna, Liam finally finds the happiness he has always been denied; but, the violent, mythical Otherworlders, who inhabit the island and the sea around it, have other plans. They make a wager on the couple’s love, testing its strength through a series of cruel obstacles. But the tragedies draw Liam and Anna even closer. Frustrated, the creatures put the couple through one last trial—and this time it’s not only their love that’s in danger of being destroyed.

Based on Edgar Allan Poe’s chilling poem, "Annabel Lee," Mary Lindsey creates a frighteningly beautiful Gothic novel that glorifies the power of true love.'
- Goodreads


I am a huge fan of Edgar Allan Poe's work and I'm so curious to see how this turns out. Annabel Lee is obviously one of his better known poems and therefore immensely popular so I expect there's lots of people waiting for this one.

What are you waiting for?

17 comments:

  1. This book sounds intriguing. Great choice!!
    I'm a new follower via both GFC and Bloglovin.
    I Love your blog. Can you follow back please? Thanks! ^_^

    Sapir @ Diary of a Wimpy Teen Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds awesome! I love celtic myths and legends, definitely adding to my tbr!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Poe-inspired stories! :) I'm really looking forward to this one as well! Fantastic pick.

    Thanks so much for visiting our WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has been stirring me up so much :) I can't wait to read the story. Great pick!

    follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/04/waiting-on-wednesday-44.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hadn't heard of this book before, but it sounds great and I really like the cover - so great pick :-)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Zenia @ The Obsessive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anything based on Poe has got to be worth trying. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice. This has been on my TBR too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THIS BOOK IS SO GOOD!!! I absolutely adore it! Fantastic pick!

    -Brad @ BookYAReview
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. (new follower, by the way!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, love the cover and the description. Thanks for stopping by the blog!

    Kat
    katsbookbuzz.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, I love Edgar Allan Poe's work, too! So I would think I would love a novel inspired by one of his poems. I hope so! Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw this as someone's wow last wednesday and added it to my tbr. I also liked reference to Annabel Lee and I am curious to see how this book will be...
    Thanks for stopping by my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man, Edgar Allan Poe...that man creeps me out. His stories and poems are SUPER scary and disturbing but genius at the same time. It makes me want to read the book 5000x more now that I know its based on one of his works!!! Great pick and thanks for stopping by :)

    Just followed you on GFC!
    Jahzeiah @ Mermaed Books

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pick. This one sounds like it has a lot of potential.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely cover and I really must read the first book in this series which is sitting on the shelves!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design