Saturday 24 August 2013

Bout of Books 8.0 - Friday Update


Today I realized something very important. When it comes to doing read-a-thons I should in no way plan what I'm going to read beforehand. Having tossed my pre-planned list I found myself racing through two more books today - The Bonehill Curse by Jon Mayhew and The Nymph King by Gena Showalter - and have started a third - Close My Eyes by Sophie McKenzie. This proves to me that if I plan too much I fail miserably when it comes to reading and I'm much better at deciding last minute :) Even more importantly, I hit my target to read seven books during the read-a-thon so any other books now are a bonus!

Another failure on the challenge front again but I did finally post my (unrelated) A - Z Bookish Survey as created by Jamie at the Perpetual Page Turner (it only took me about ten days...) so feel free to check that out *shameless plug* so you can all get to know my bookish habits a bit better!

Friday

Number of pages I've read today: 732
Number of books read today: 2
Total number of books I've read: 7

Books: Debutantes - Cora Harrison
           Jewel of Atlantis - Gena Showalter
           Someone Else's Fairy Tale - E M Tippett
           The Hex Factor - Harriet Goodwin
           Summer Kisses - Sarah Morgan
           The Nymph King - Gena Showalter
           The Bonehill Curse - Jon Mayhew


2 comments:

  1. So are you locked in a room doing nothing but reading? No food, no water, ....no shower...? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly feels like it! But no, I just have plenty of free time and nothing to do but read although I'm definitely showering/eating/drinking every day too :)

      Delete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design