Sunday 25 August 2013

Bout of Books 8.0 - Saturday Update

So, Bout of Books is nearly over again and whilst I have done much better on the reading front I'm still failing miserably on the social front. Next time round I think I'll cut down my reading targets and concentrate on the blog/Twitter side instead :)

Saturday went a bit off the beaten path, I picked up Sophie McKenzie's Close My Eyes but I couldn't get into it at all. It would appear my brain is firmly engaged in fantasy/horror/YA mode just now so instead I picked The Spook's Apprentice (or Revenge of the Witch in the US) by Joseph Delaney, the first book in the Wardstone Chronicles series.


I just discovered it's been made into a film starring Ben Barnes, Jeff Bridges and Julianne Moore and it's been renamed Seventh Son - thousands of people will be confusing it with the Orson Scott Card books about Alvin... Ben Barnes appears to be playing a far older version of the main character, Tom, as well. Kit Harrington, who plays Jon Snow in Game of Thrones, is also listed in the cast but I've no idea who he's playing. It's out in January in the US and February in the UK so I might be persuaded to go and see it!

Saturday

Number of pages I've read today: 52
Number of books read today: 0
Total number of books I've read: 7

Books: Debutantes - Cora Harrison
           Jewel of Atlantis - Gena Showalter
           Someone Else's Fairy Tale - E M Tippett
           The Hex Factor - Harriet Goodwin
           Summer Kisses - Sarah Morgan
           The Nymph King - Gena Showalter
           The Bonehill Curse - Jon Mayhew

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design