Saturday 21 September 2013

Book Haul #43


Stacking the Shelves is a weekly event hosted on Tynga's Reviews and Letterbox Love is a UK edition hosted by Narratively Speaking. Here we can share what new books we've picked up this past week. There are also lots of other 'book haul' memes out there for you to choose from!

The week started off well as far as trying not to buy books was concerned, I had a fantastic time at the Samantha Shannon signing and managed to only come home with two books (including Bone Season, so nice to have a physical copy!) but by the end of the week? Well, that was a different matter. And I forgot it was library week too, although I only got four books this time which is the lowest number of books I've ever got from the library!

Bought

Descendant - Lesley Livingston

Unthinkable - Nancy Werlin

The Ravenglass Eye - Tom Fletcher

The Dragon's Path - Daniel Abraham

The Vampire of Highgate - Asa Bailey

Charlotte Markham & the House of Darkling - Michael Boccacino

The Bone Season - Samantha Shannon

Won

The Fall - Claire Merle (from Viv at Serendipity Reviews)

Library

Heaven - Christoph Marzi

Promise of Blood - Brian McClellan

Falling Kingdoms - Morgan Rhodes

Slated - Teri Terry
What did you get this week?

9 comments:

  1. It looks like you have some really awesome books there! I haven't heard of Vampires Of Highgate before, but that one sounds like fun! Do you know if it's by a British author?
    I need to read the Morgan Rhodes series sometime, too, they sound great. Promise of Blood also sounds really good.

    My Letterbox Love/StS post is here: The Book Bundle.

    ~Ailsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great haul! I loved The Bone Season, Falling Kingdoms, and Slated. Have fun reading! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have The Bone Season and Slated to read soon. I'm really looking forward to them! I hope you enjoy your books :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found a used copy of Falling Kingdoms - I need to get cracking on these books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a copy of My Name is Asher Lev, by Chaim Potok. I think it's going to take me a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot wait to start Bone Season and Falling Kingdoms. Great haul!
    Enjoy the reads!

    My haul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice assortment of books. I like Nancy Werlin and have Falling Kingdoms on my TBR mountain. I hope you enjoy all the ones you added to you stack.

    Come and see what I got at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Bone Season and Slated are high on my list! Can't wait to read them! Tons of books I haven't heard of but all sound really interesting, will be adding to my TBR! Have a good week hon

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read any of these but happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design