Wednesday 16 October 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #47 - The Girl With All The Gifts

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -


The Girl With All The Gifts - M J Carey
ISBN - 9780356500157
Publisher - Orbit
Expected release date - March 27th 2014
Find - Book Depository/Goodreads

'Melanie is a very special girl. Dr Caldwell calls her 'our little genius'. Every morning, Melanie waits in her cell to be collected for class. When they come for her, Sergeant keeps his gun pointing at her while two of his people strap her into the wheelchair. She thinks they don't like her. She jokes that she won't bite, but they don't laugh. Melanie loves school. She loves learning about spelling and sums and the world outside the classroom and the children's cells. She tells her favorite teacher all the things she'll do when she grows up. Melanie doesn't know why this makes Miss Justineau look sad.' - Goodreads

I'm not entirely sure how I came across this one, it might have been in the Bookseller in the UK but it got my attention straight away! This synopsis sounds fascinating and I would love to be able to read The Girl With All The Gifts now please! M J Carey is a pseudonym for author Mike Carey, author of the Felix Castor books and various graphic novels, including the Lucifer series - a spin-off from Neil Gaiman's Sandman.

What are you impatiently waiting for just now? 

10 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this book or author! Interesting choice though - it sounds like one of those books that will win lots of awards and honors :D Hope you get to read it soon!

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this one sounds awesome. Thanks for sharing...and here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this definitely sounds creepy! I really want to know about this girl and what's up with the strap and guns-pointing. Thanks for sharing!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh darn. I feel so sad for Melanie even though I haven't really met her. Thanks for sharing!

    I'm a new follower via Bloglovin'. Care to return the favor?

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick. This sounds really interesting.

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/10/waiting-on-wednesday-69-snow-in-summer.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds like a really interesting book. The blurb has got me wondering what exactly is going on Melanie and why everyone seems scared of her. I think I will be adding this to my TBR pile. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't heard of this one before but now I'm really intrigued. Seems like this could be a wonderful, but possibly very sad, story. I'm glad you introduced me to it!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This actually sounds pretty creepy. I saw this last week and was really intrigued. Must read! Great choice, and thanks for stopping by:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I can't help but feel this one sounds really creepy! I am completely hooked on it though, I want to know her secrets and why she's being locked up! This sounds fantastic!
    Thanks for sharing with us and for popping by my WoW!

    Faye :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds very intriguing, it's the first time I see it, so thank you for sharing!
    It reminds me of Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi, though.

    Thank you for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design