Tuesday 1 April 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #47 - "Gateway" Books/Authors In My Reading Journey

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely people at The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is -

 Top Ten "Gateway" Books/Authors In My Reading Journey

There are so many variations on this topic that I could have chosen but I decided to pick the top ten authors and/or books that got me hooked on fantasy and science fiction when I was a lot younger than I am now! These are amongst the heap of books I remember the school librarian giving me after I said I'd loved The Hobbit and what else could I read. Shamefully I can't remember his name now but the fact he gave me so many great books is the reason why I'm still such a huge fantasy ans SF reader now! Here's an interesting piece of useless information for you all,  the most recently published of these books is from 1984!!!

The Hobbit | Something Wicked This Way Comes | A Wizard of Earthsea

The Last Unicorn | The Left Hand of Darkness | Earth Abides
Pawn of Prophecy | War of the Worlds

Mythago Wood | Fahrenheit 451








8 comments:

  1. *hangs head in shame* I've only read The Last Unicorn and I remember loving it but I haven't read any of the others (though they are on my TBR list).
    Here's my TTT post
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these...but I've heard of a lot of them! I'd like to read that Ray Bradbury one because it's kind of seriously famous. :) And I WOULD like to knuckle down and read The Hobbit. I get kind of lazy and just watch all the movies. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fahreinheit 451 was great and really made me interested to read something else by the author as well! Haven't read many of these, but they all look intriguing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So weird. I've never read any LeGuin but I keep hearing amazing things about 'The Left Hand of Darkness' ... tried to buy it for my Kindle last night - not available as an eBook. Doh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm ashamed to say that I haven't read any of these books! Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read Farenheit 451 last year and adored it! i need to read more of his books

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVED The Last Unicorn when I was a kid. I think that started my unicorn addiction. :-) I didn't manage a TTT today, but I did post a review of an amazing book that I think everyone should read - check it out here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, talk about a list of all the greats! I adore many of these and the rest are on my to read list.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design