Tuesday 20 January 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #79 - Books To Read For My Fairy Tale Challenge!


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the fabulous gals cover at The Broke & The Bookish. This week's topic is -

A FREEBIE!!!

Therefore I have decided to do -

Retellings To Read For My Fairy Tale Challenge

And I expect everyone is now either rolling their eyes and/or thinking 'how predictable'!!! Well, I'm treating this week's TTT as an organizational post. In view of the fact we are almost through the first month of the year yet I still haven't read any fairy tale retellings yet this year and my goal for this challenge is 21 to 25 books (second highest level, I'd really like to go for the highest...) I'm getting into gear and also hoping that you may have suggestions for me that aren't on my list - especially adult retellings. I seem to have dozens of YA suggestions but not many adult that I haven't already read. I'm also hoping that a re-read of a couple of Juliet Marillier's books will boost that number! And of course, they all have to be books I own, or can borrow from the library...











13 comments:

  1. Great list! Sounds like a very interesting reading challenge...I love the cover for Juliet Marillier's Wildwood Dancing, and I do have Marissa Meyer's Cinder sitting on my to-read pile so I hope to get around to that soon xD

    Thanks for dropping by my TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list! Come stop by and check out my literary finds this week on Side Notes :) I hope to see you around my blog

    Katelynn
    www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm participating in the Fairytale challenge too, so your list is great :) I loved Of Beast and Beauty and I'm planning to read Princess of Thorns sometime this year. Cruel Beauty is amazing, too. It's such a unique retelling!

    The Lunar Chronicles series is one of my favorites, but Cinder starts out pretty slow. If you get past the first 100 pages or so, it becomes a lot more exciting. Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love fairy tale retellings! I think my all-time favorite is Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine, but I honestly can't think of any that I've read and didn't like. I loved Enchanted, Cinder, and Princess of Thorns, but I haven't read any of the others on your list. I'll have to check them out!
    Good luck with your challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list, I've never heard of some of these books before! Good luck with your challenge! New GFC and Bloglovin' follower! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you will love the Lunar Chronicles, girl! Great list! my ttt<3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent topic! I'm reading Cruel Beauty right now and really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! You should check out Meyer first and then Kontis! :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choice of topic for freebie week, and awesome list! I actually want to read more re-tellings this year so this pre-made list is great for a lazy one like me! Really want to read the Lunar Chronicles, they look amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put off reading the Lunar Chronicles for so long and then I made the mistake of reading Cinder for a read-a-thon and don't remember much about it. I'll be starting again from scratch as it's one that I'm sure will become one of my favorite books :)

      Delete
  10. Can I insert here A Curse as Dark as Gold? Lovely book! Good luck on your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read it! All the way back in 2010 and I loved it, think I'm going to re-read it though as it was pre-pre-blogging!

      Delete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design