Wednesday 12 August 2015

Waiting On Wednesday #131 - Where Futures End


Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -


Where Futures End - Parker Peevyhouse
ISBN - 9780803741607
Publisher - Kathy Dawson Books
Release date - February9 2016

Perfect for fans of innovative storytelling, like Marcus Sedgwick's The Ghosts of Heaven and David Mitchell's The Bone Clocks, Where Futures End is a collection of five time-spanning, interconnected novellas that weave a subtly science-fictional web stretching out from the present into the future, presenting eerily plausible possibilities for social media, corporate sponsorship, and humanity, as our world collides with a mysterious alternate universe.

Five teens, five futures. Dylan develops a sixth sense that allows him to glimpse another world. Brixney must escape a debtor colony by finding a way to increase the number of hits on her social media feed so she’ll attract corporate sponsorship. Epony goes “High Concept” and poses as an otherworldly being to recapture her boyfriend’s attention. Reef struggles to survive in a city turned virtual gameboard. And Quinn uncovers the alarming secret that links them all.

These are stories about a world that is destroying  itself, and about the alternate world that might be its savior.  Unless it’s just the opposite.


Uh, yes please! Love Marcus Sedgwick, love David Mitchell ( although I still haven't read Bone Clocks...) so when this cover caught my eye whilst looking up a completely different title I had to add it to my wishlist immediately. Where Futures End actually sounds like one of those rare things, a unique read, and I will definitely be picking up a copy asap!

6 comments:

  1. I cannot remember where I noticed this cover, but all I know is that I did not know what this book was about. Now after reading your post I have added Where Future Ends to Goodreads. I have only ever read one YA novel with short stories before, but that was a Christmas anthology so this is almost new territory for me.

    I forgot that it was Wednesday today, and due to a sudden case of insomnia I wrote and published a book review in the early morning(soon 7AM here in Norway and I have been up all night and kid of feel sorry for myself ;)) Feel free to stop by the blog if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of this, but it sounds good. I'll have to go add it to Goodreads! Thanks for the heads up.
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow! I haven'y heard of this before! It sounds really intersting! Thanks for sharing it!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for this one either! I adore the cover too.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds totally interesting and unique! Great pick!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many great covers lately! Great pick :)

    Sofia @ SofiaLovesReading

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design