Wednesday 19 August 2015

Waiting On Wednesday #132 - The Dark Days Club


Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -


The Dark Days Club (Lady Helen #1) - Alison Goodman 
ISBN - 9780670785476
Publisher - Viking Books For Young Readers
Release date - January 26 2016


New York Times bestseller Alison Goodman’s eagerly awaited new project: a Regency adventure starring a stylish and intrepid demon-hunter!

London, April 1812. On the eve of eighteen-year-old Lady Helen Wrexhall’s presentation to the queen, one of her family’s housemaids disappears-and Helen is drawn into the shadows of Regency London. There, she meets Lord Carlston, one of the few who can stop the perpetrators: a cabal of demons infiltrating every level of society. Dare she ask for his help, when his reputation is almost as black as his lingering eyes? And will her intelligence and headstrong curiosity wind up leading them into a death trap?


Yes please! I can't wait to get my hands on this as I absolutely loved Eon & Eona! This also sounds very much like another favorite (adult) series by Mary Robinette Kowal set in the Regency period about glamor and magic. Definitely one to look out for, plus it comes out two days after my birthday so I can justify buying it for myself...

5 comments:

  1. The author is completely new to me but the blurb and the gorgeous cover caugth my attention ... I'm not exactly sure if this would be something for me but I added it to my TBR list anyway! Thank you for sharing! :D

    Here's my WoW! :)
    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. Demons? Sign me up. This sounds really intriguing and I just added it to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I haven't read any books by this author but this is going on my TBR list now! I love demons in books and combined with a historical setting, I'm in :) Thanks so much for sharing!

    My WoW

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't read this author yet, but this one sounds really good!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one looks really good. I hope you enjoy it. I love the cover


    Melissa @ MommyWantsToRead

    my WOW http://mommywantstoread.blogspot.com/2015/08/waiting-on-wednesday-deaths-leash-by-jd.html

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design