Thursday 7 January 2016

My Year Of Reading 2015


As reading years go 2015 didn't exactly go to plan for me, in terms of number of books read and challenge targets. I traveled far more last year than I have done for a while and then the inevitable health problems cropped up over the last four months of the year, both of which combined to give my lowest total of books in eight years and a ton of unfinished challenges.






I initially set my target at 365... Who was I trying to kid?! I thought I would have more reading time, not less and so was far too ambitious! By the end of the year this total had come down to 250 and I finished on 261. The last time I read less than that was in 2007 when I spent roughly 14 weeks in hospital!

All Other Challenges

Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge

My target was 50, I read 28. Not much else to say...

British Books Challenge

The only one I finished, I tracked 21 books but it was more than that by December 31. I lost track of most of my challenge targets somewhere around August. C'est la vie!

Fairy Tale Challenge

I'm disgusted with myself over this. If you're a regular reader you know how fairy tale obsessed I am but I only managed a paltry 3 titles before losing track completely?

2015 TBR Pile Challenge

I went for 50 books in this one and should have smashed that target easily but didn't. Before losing track I'd read 34 books published prior to January 1 2015. It was probably more by the end but no record...

My challenge post for 2016 will go up shortly but I'm limiting myself to Goodreads, 2016 TBR Pile Challenge and the Retelling challenge this year.

Statistics

Total Read - 261

Adult - 120

YA - 71

Middle Grade/Children - 22

Picture Books - 17

Unknown - 31

Source

Own - 89

Library - 72

Kindle - 90

Frem Books - 17


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design