Wednesday 15 June 2016

Waiting On Wednesday #162 - Six Wakes

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine.

This week's choice is -


Six Wakes - Mur Lafferty
ISBN - 9780316389686
Publisher - Orbit
Release date - December 20 2016
Find - Goodreads

A space adventure set on a lone ship where the murdered crew are resurrected through cloning to discover who their killer was - and the secret to their mission.

It was not common to awaken in a cloning vat streaked with drying blood.

At least, Marie Shea iv had never experienced it. She had no memory of how she died. That was also new; before, when she had awakened as a new clone, her first memory was of how she died, from illness once and from injury once...

Maria's vat was in the front of six vats, each one holding the clone of a crew member of the starship Pituitary, each clone waiting for its previous incarnation to die so it could awaken. Apparently Maria wasn't the only one to die recently.


Having loved the first book in the Shambling series, The Shambling Guide To New York City, Mur Lafferty has been on my watchlist so I was intrigued and excited by the synopsis of Six Wakes. It sounds completely different to the Shambling books but at the same time it sounds vaguely familiar. Was there a television show that did this? Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on Six Wakes even though it's another six months until release date!  

 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good read! Here's my WoW if you'd like to stop by my blog. I'm a new GFC follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read Mur Lafferty before, but I'm really excited about this book as well. I didn't realize she was the author of the Shambling series, cool! Great choice:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I'm looking forward to this too. Never read Mur Lafferty, so I'd like to try. Love that cover too.

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design