Monday 12 September 2016

Bookmarked... #25


The return of the (mostly) weekly post letting you all know what I'm reading and have lined up for the week! It's my own version of Sheila at Book Journey's It's Monday What Are You Reading (now hosted by Kathryn at Book Date) and I have her permission to rename it for my own nefarious reasons...

I thought I'd got a lot of reading done this week but looking back on my reading journal tells another story. I still don't know what I did with my spare time over the last week as I don't seem to have achieved much! I did start watching some horror movies in preparation for my R.I.P. & Spooky Sunday posts but apart from that? Nothing much got done...

Read

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17553446-in-the-woods

I absolutely loved In The Woods! I honestly don't know why it's taken me so long to read it. I own a copy of this but it's been so long since I bought it that it's gone AWOL and I had to borrow a copy from the library.


Mixed feelings about Mr. Splitfoot... I loved some of it and hated some of it. That probably explains why it's taken me so long to read it!

Still reading

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18073726-dead-silent

I'm struggling with this one. I quite enjoyed the first book but this one isn't holding my attention.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23746546-let-me-tell-you

I'm savouring this book. I'm such a huge fan of Shirley Jackson so I like to take my time with everything I read or re-read! Let Me Tell You is more than likely going to end up on my top ten books of the year list.

Started

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20989321-the-unquiet-house

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28447390-fell

Both of these are for my R.I.P. challenge! Alison Littlewood is fast becoming a favorite author for me. I love Path Of Needles and A Cold Season, I'm really enjoying Unquiet House so far and I just got Hidden People from Netgalley so that may well be next on the reading pile! I picked Fell up on a whim at the library but so far, so good!

What have you been reading recently? Or not?!

5 comments:

  1. I'm guessing Let Me Tell You is a reissue? I've only read We Have Always Lived in the Castle, so maybe I can look for it.

    Here's my It's Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You reminded me that I need to sign up for R.I.P.! I love this challenge every year!

    I loved In the Woods - that one and the Likeness! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You reminded me that I need to sign up for R.I.P.! I love this challenge every year!

    I loved In the Woods - that one and the Likeness! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had In the Woods hiding on my Kindle for ages...I really want to read it. I must! Enjoy your books, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to give In the Woods a go, I have been meaning to try Tana French for awhile.

    Have a great reading week!
    Amanda @ Mrs B's Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design