Wednesday 21 December 2016

Waiting On Wednesday #174 - Wicked Like A Wildfire

Waiting On Wednesday, where we put the spotlight on upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating, is hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine. Does anyone know what's going with this? I notice Jill hasn't posted since August which is rather worrying...

This week's choice is -


Wicked Like A Wildfire - Lana Popovic
ISBN - 9780062436832
Publisher - Katherine Tegen Books
Release date - August 15 2017 

All the women in Iris and Malina's family are born with a gleam - a unique way of manipulating beauty through magic. Seventeen-year-old Iris sees flowers as fractals and turns her kaleidoscope visions into glasswork, her twin sister Malina interprets moods as music, and their cold, distant mother Jasmina bakes scenery into decadent treats at her confectionery in Old Town Cattaro, Montenegro.

Jasmina forbids Iris and Malina to share their gleams with anyone, and above all, she forbids them to fall in love - being discovered could shatter the quiet lives they’ve built in their tucked-away, seaside town. But Iris and Malina are tired of abiding by their mother’s rules and rebel in secret whenever they can.

Yet when a mysterious, white-haired woman attacks their mother and leaves her hovering between life and death, the sisters unearth an ancient curse that haunts their line - a wicked bargain that masquerades as a blessing, and binds the twins’ fates - and hearts - to a force larger than life. To save each other, they must untangle a thousand years of lies and reveal their own hurtful secrets. But even the deepest sacrifice might not be enough.


Wicked Like a Wildfire is the first book in a sumptuous, bewitching duology about the power of love, death, magic, and the many faces of beauty.


How beautiful is that cover?  I can't wait to read this, I'm fascinated by the idea of a gleam as magic but devastated I have to wait until August...

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good book but when I saw the cover, I immediately thought it was a sequel to "Wink Poppy Midnight" which I didn't care for too much. Nice choice though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good, and I love the cover :) Hope you enjoy when you read it!
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I fall in love with the cover a little more each time I see this book. It sound's great, and I hope you get a chance to read it and really enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting sounding the book. The cover makes me curious. Great WOW pick.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know much about this book but I LOVE the cover! Purple is my favorite color and I love the typography. I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are great so please feel free to leave one! If you leave a link to your blog I will come and visit your blog!

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the G'nite Sweetheart kit by Vera Lim Design